Would you like to take your pet out of his house and give him a walk safely and without risks? Thanks to a Hamster Ball, your little furry can explore the world and run around your house or garden at ease.
On this page “https://lumbuy.com/human-hamster-ball/ you will find everything related to this accessory; How to use it, maintenance and safety tips, reviews and recommendations. With this accessory, your hamster will have the freedom it deserves and at the same time will exercise.
What exactly is a Hamster Ball and what is it for?
A Hamster Ball is a hollow sphere made of translucent plastic, which allows you to introduce your pet so that it can run out of its cage without danger of escape.
Exercise spheres have been manufactured since the 1970s. It is a type of accessory made of rigid, shock-resistant plastic. It incorporates multiple holes through which the air is filtered so that you can breathe. Most models have a hermetic closing side hatch where you can introduce your pet.
If you have a playful little friend who can’t stop scampering around his cage, he’ll love jumping on one of these balls to explore beyond his cage.
In the form of short walks, this accessory provides several benefits for your health, as it is an excellent complement for you to exercise and also enjoy the outdoor space.
Follow the safety tips that we recommend on this page to make the best use of this accessory and that your pet fully enjoy their journeys.
How to use the Hamster Ball safely
If you choose a ball suitable for its size and watch your pet while it is inside, the hamster ball is very fun and healthy for any small rodent. We teach you how to use this accessory correctly by following these tips.
- Size and Color: Each species has a sphere size. Make sure to match the size of the ball to your pet’s adult size. This ensures that when he grows up he will continue to have freedom of movement to run.
- The standardized sizes are:
- 12.7 cm diameter: This is a mini hamster ball. Not recommended for Syrian Hamsters and not recommended for Russian Hamsters. This size is ideal for the Chinese or Roborovski species.
- 17.8 cm: This is the intermediate size. It is a suitable measure for a dwarf hamster. They are lighter so that your little rodent can run inside them without problems. In addition, the air inlets are small enough so that it does not get caught with its legs.
- 25.40 cm: The measure of balls for large hamsters. This size allows you to run without balancing, arching your back and moving comfortably within the sphere.
- When: Use the hamster sphere when your friend is most active. Your pet will not be 24 hours ready to run around on her exercise ball. Wait for the moment when you see it especially active to introduce it. During the afternoon and at night he will be more awake and dynamic than in the morning. Similarly, if he has just eaten before putting him on the ball, give him some time to pass; otherwise he could get sick from poor digestion.
- Time: Your little furry cannot stay a long time within the sphere of exercises. Start with 15 minutes, if you flutter and spin it, prolong the exercise for a few more minutes, in this way you gradually control your fatigue. If you stop and stop running frequently it is time to end the session.
- Heights: The most common injury occurs when the ball falls from one height to another. It happens especially if the room has stairs and unevenness. When you put your friend in this accessory, do it in a place without stairs and without heights that can cause unwanted falls.
- Surface and Exteriors: The best surface is a carpet or soft fabric as they make the ball rotate but without slipping excessively as it happens on a hard floor. Lawn is a good option as long as you don’t expose it to extreme temperatures.